The hills are alive with Modern Classics
In this issue, our staff writers head to Snowdonia in Wales in search of droptop driving nirvana, with cars to suit every budget. From £3k thrillers to grunty £20k heroes, we’re serving up sizzling summer selection. But don’t worry if you’re not a sun-worshipper – we’ve got a tasty tin-top selection to savour.
The August 2017 issue is now on sale and features:
Move any mountain
The sun’s out so let’s drop the top an head out for a drive – and where better than Wales? We bring the BMW Z4 M Roadster, Lotus Elise S2, Nissan 350Z Convertible, Porsche 911 996 Carrera 4 S, Toyota MR2 MkIII and Fiat Barchetta to see which one delivers the most pleasure per pound.
Clever money car
The BMW 330Ci E46 is more than just a poor man’s M3 – it’s a B-road hero and appreciating asset in its own right. We show you why.
The next generation
Just how far did Renault push the hot hatch game forward with the Clio 16v. The Ford Fiesta XR2i (MkIII) sets the benchmark in a head-to-head test
TVR Tuscan S
We channel Swordfish vibes with this Blackpool beast, sadly without Halle Berry. 100bhp per litre more than makes up for it, however…
- Super-rare Volkswagen Beetle RSi
- Affordable Group A homologation special in the form of the Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo Evoluzione
- Honda Integra Type-R DC5 buying guide
- Why now’s the time to scratch that Vauxhall Calibra Turbo 4x4 itch
- Star columnist, Tiff Needell on the Ferrari F40
- Renowned motoring journalists Keith Adams on LSD in an Integra and Tony Middlehurst sings the praises of the VW Phaeton – well, someone has to…